Petticoat for a Wedding – part 2

DSC03070-

For the 2nd and last tier, I cut 4 layers of tulle, 300 x 23cm (120″ x 9″), times 3.

DSC03072-

I made binding tape from strips of lining. I didn’t bother to cut them on the bias, since they were meant to bind a straight seam, without any stretch to it. I sewn the “side” seams of the tulle and the lining strips together.


DSC03073-

Sewn down the binding on the wrong side…

DSC03075-

…and top stitched it. I did this twice, leaving one side open, which would correspond to the back seam.

DSC03076-

I then gathered the whopping 9 meters of tulle to 1/3 of its length, which took me more than an hour.  😦

DSC03077-

This is what I got after I sewn it to the previous tier.

DSC03078-

I finished the seam by binding the seam allowance.

DSC03079-Here it is pinned, before sewing down the binding by stitching at the ditch.

DSC03083-

This is what it looks like from the right side, after I pressed it. Almost done 🙂

Advertisements

1 Comment

Filed under Sewing

One response to “Petticoat for a Wedding – part 2

  1. Pingback: Petticoat for a Wedding – part 3 | Mut's Projects & Accomplishments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s